THE FOLLOWING TWO FORMS MUST BE SIGNED, DATED AND RETURNED to our salon before your order can be processed. Please print, sign and return both forms to our salon by regular mail, fax or email. Once we receive both forms a consultant will send the order form back with our suggested size. The order will not be placed until the customer confirms their final size, initials and sends the form back. (Acrobat Reader is required to view and print these forms):
Ordering Procedure: What You Need to Know at Francesca’s
- The complete production of a bridal gown takes anywhere from 6 to 9 months.
- The complete production of bridesmaids, mothers and special occasion dresses usually takes 16 weeks.
* The timeline for production does not include the time for any alterations you may need
- Orders for tuxedo and suit rentals should be placed 4 months before the wedding date. Orders for tuxedo and suit purchases should be placed 5 months before the wedding date.
- The production of accessories (shoes, jewelry, veils, belts, purses) takes 3 months.
- If your wedding date is before the estimated times above, most companies offer rush orders. Rush orders differ depending on the item you would like to purchase and the date you need it by. Rush fees will apply per company.
- To avoid dye lot variations in the fabric, orders for bridesmaids parties will be placed at one time once everyone has had their measurements taken and has placed their deposits.
Sizing & Measurements:
- A consultant will take your measurements at the time the order is placed and the deposit is put down. Each designer has their own size chart in which we compare your measurements to, in order to recommend the correct size. The dresses are not custom made and some alterations will most likely be needed.
- Measurements are only taken at the time the order is placed. If you would like your measurements taken and are not purchasing with us a $25 fee will be applied.
- If you are an out of town customer and need to call in your measurements, please provide us with the following measurements: bust, waist, hips and height. Francesca’s Bridal is not responsible for any size discrepancies for measurements that are called in. (*Do not measure yourself! Visit a local bridal salon or tailor for accurate measurements)
- If you are pregnant during the ordering process as well as for the wedding, Francesca’s Bridal is not responsible for any size discrepancies. Our trained consultants have knowledge and experience with pregnancy sizing, and can provide you with a recommended size. (*Additional costs may apply for extra length and various alterations)
- When placing your order, allot the appropriate amount of time needed for alterations.
- Fitting appointments for bridal gowns should be scheduled 5 weeks before the wedding date.
- Fitting appointments for bridesmaids, mothers and special occasion dresses should be scheduled 4 weeks before the wedding date.
- By scheduling a fitting appointment, you are agreeing to have our seamstress alter your dress during your first fitting.
* Deciding not to use our seamstress, after the first fitting is completed, will result in a fee. Failure to cancel appointment 48 hours in advance will also result in a fee. ($35 for bridesmaids/mothers/special occasion dresses and $50 for bridal dresses)
- Unfortunately we are not able to alter dresses that were not purchased with us.
- Alteration costs vary depending on the type of dress and the amount of work that needs to be done. The seamstress will provide a breakdown of the costs at the end of your appointment.
- Payment for alterations is due when the dress is picked up and must be paid in cash.
CLICK HERE for a PDF version of our Ordering Procedure.